Sunday, Sept. 8

Around The Arts

School of Music announces concert cancellation; visa problems cited as reason\nThe School of Music announced yesterday the guest recital scheduled for October 6 has been cancelled. The performance of Szentpli Rolandthat, which was scheduled to be perfomed at 7 p.m. in the Ford-Crawford Concert Hall was part of OcTUBAfest. Trisha Miles, the senior publicity assistant for the School of Music said the cancellation is due to passport problems experienced by the artist.\n"Basically he is unable to travel to get here," she said.\nFinal curtain for 'Les Miz' \nto take place in March\nNEW YORK -- Another big British musical is bringing down its curtain in New York.\n"Les Miserables," Broad-way's second longest-running show, will close March 15, 2003, after 16 years and 6,612 performances, producer Cameron Mackintosh announced Wednesday.\nThe musical, based on Victor Hugo's epic novel, will follow two other mammoth Mackintosh productions which have expired in the last several years. "Cats," Broadway's long-run champ, folded in September 2000 and "Miss Saigon" closed the following January. "The Phantom of the Opera" is still running and on Oct. 12 will become Broadway's third longest-running show, replacing "A Chorus Line."\nTicket sales for "Les Miserables," which has been heavily dependent on tourist business in recent years, have lagged since the World Trade Center attacks.