Saturday, Sept. 21

Agent: Colt's Reagor 'doing great' after auto accident

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Montae Reagor was "doing great" in his recovery from injuries from an automobile accident, his agent said Wednesday.\nReagor's head was injured when his SUV overturned after another car rammed it Sunday as he was driving to the RCA Dome for a game against Washington. He was scheduled for surgery Wednesday, agent Jeff Nalley said.\n"I was in Indianapolis the last two days, and Montae's doing great, everything's going well," Nalley said by telephone from Houston. "But until I hear something further (about the surgery), I'm not going to comment."\nThe Indianapolis Star reported that the surgery was to repair a fracture of the orbital bone around Reagor's left eye.\nThe Colts have refused to comment on the injury since releasing a short statement at Sunday's game, when they said Reagor had suffered facial lacerations.\nReagor was not wearing a seat belt, police said. Wearing one could have lessened the extent of the injuries, according to the police report on the collision.\nReagor was driving eastbound near the Colts' practice facility on the west side of Indianapolis when a car turned into his path, striking the driver's side of the SUV, Indiana State Police said.\nThe impact pushed the SUV into the curb and caused it to flip, leaving Reagor with a head wound and a female passenger, who was wearing a seat belt, with minor bumps and bruises, state police Sgt. Jon Smithers said.\nThe driver of the other vehicle, Wuya McCarthy, was cited for failure to yield right of way.\nSince joining the Colts as a free agent from Denver in 2003, Reagor has started 45 games and had a career high 5 1/2 sacks last season.\nAnthony McFarland, who came to the Colts in a trade with Tampa Bay last week, started Sunday's game in place of Reagor and had two tackles.