Saturday, Sept. 21

Around the Arts

WHAT: Asian Culture Center presents Moon Festival\nWhere: Kirkwood Observatory\nWhen: 8:30 to 10:30 p.m.\nMore Information: This event celebrates the harvest moon, when the crops have been gathered and hard work in the fields is completed, according to the Asian Culture Center Web site. The Asian Moon Festival holiday is a chance for family and friends to come together and give thanks. Guests are invited to this free event to view the moon, have hot tea and moon cakes and make crafts. The event is sponsored by IU, the Asian Culture Center and the Department of Astronomy.

WHAT: Jazz Fables Concert Series\nWhere: Bear's Place, 1316 E. Third St.\nWhen: 5:30 to 8 p.m.\nMore Information: Jazz saxophonist Dave Liebman, along with guitarist Vic Juris, bassist Tony Marino and drummer Marko Marcinko make up the Dave Liebman Group , which will come to Bloomington Thursday as part of the ongoing Jazz Fables concert series. Tickets are $10 in advance at Bear's Place front cash register or $12 the day of the show after 4:45 p.m. at Bear's Place back room door. For more information about Liebman, visit his Web site at www.upbeat.com/lieb.

WHAT: 23rd annual Red Cross book fair\nWhere: Monroe County Fairgrounds Commercial Building East, 5454 W. Airport Road\nWhen: 2 to 7 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 3:30 to 6 p.m. Sunday\nMore Information: According to the Monroe County Red Cross Web site, this event features more than 75,000 gently used books, CDs, videos, DVDs, cassettes, records, games, puzzles, sheet music and other items. Entry on Friday costs $5 ($4 in advance), but the rest of the weekend is free. From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, books are half price, while patrons can pay $5 for a paper bag of items between 3:30 and 6 p.m. The sale will also be open Monday from noon to 5 p.m., when all books are free, but donations are appreciated. All money raised funds community services of the Red Cross. For more information, visit the Monroe County Red Cross Web site at www.monroe-redcross.org.

WHAT: Jacobs School of Music guest recital\nWhere: Auer Hall\nWhen: 8 p.m. Thursday\nMore Information: Guitarist Marlon Titre, who released his album "Chitarra" in June of this year, will perform.