Saturday, Sept. 21

Around the Arts

City Lights series films explore sides of Christianity This Cannes Film Festival Grand Prize winning film was directed by Luis Buñuel upon his return to Spain after 23 years of exile. A further commentary on the subject of his 1959 film "Nazarin" -- the impossibility of living a pure Christian life -- the 1961 film "Viridiana" features a combination of erotic and religious imagery. The movie runs 90 minutes, and the event is free and open to the public. \nRadio Friendly: Songs by American Pirates Presented by Aaron Jones and the Bloomington Area Arts Council, this concert is part vaudeville, part old-time radio show. A variety show with music interspersed with storytelling, this concert is part of the BAAC's annual performance series and is a benefit for the educational scholarship fund at the Waldron.\nUnion Board hosts Horror Week film festival Union Board's Horror Week film festival will begin at 7 p.m. both Friday and Saturday nights with "Halloween," followed by "American Psycho" at 9 p.m. and "Nightmare on Elm Street" at 11 p.m. Admission is free for students with a valid IU Bloomington ID and $2 for non-students.\nLecture to address Kinsey's impact on sexual minorities Australia's Justice Michael Kirby will discuss changes that have occurred in the law's treatment of sexual minorities in various countries. Kirby will review some of the important changes regarding sexual minorities in relation to international and domestic law, including a reflection on Kinsey's impact on Australia in the 1950s. The lecture is titled "Alfred Kinsey and His Continuing Impact on the Human Rights of Sexual Minorities"