Friday, Sept. 20

Bloomington Playwrights Project offers more 'bang for your buck'

The Bloomington Playwrights Project is putting on the fourth installment of its series "SEX/DEATH."\nAs an added bonus, this year's version includes a little bit on the subject of birth as well.\nThe show is made up of six 10-minute pieces that deal with some of the comedic aspects of the SEX/DEATH subject matter such as awkward sexual situations, co-director Lauren Pope said. Some serious topics, including rape, will be explored as well, she added.\n"It's going to be really fun," Pope said. "There is some very serious stuff, and some very, very raunchy stuff and everything in between. It's going to be a fun time."\nPope said the cast has been working feverishly in preparation for the show, having only less than three weeks to prepare.\n"It's been a lot of work, but not a lot of time," she said. "We were really lucky to find the best of the best. This has been a very good cast to work with."\nThe production's stage manager bailed out at the last minute, leaving Pope and fellow co-director Anneliese Toft with the responsibilities.\n"It's up to me and Annie to do everything ourselves, the lighting and such," Pope said. "But we've got it down."\nDespite the abbreviated amount of rehearsal time and patchwork crew, Pope still expects the show to be a success. And she is excited to see all the hard work pay off.\n"I wrote one of the pieces that's going to be in the show, and seeing that come to life has been great," she said.\nThe theater is a strong passion for all involved in this performance, and Pope expects their passion to add to the quality of the performance. The show will be performed at 11 p.m. Feb. 14-17 and 22-24 at the Bloomington Playwrights Project theater, 107 W. Ninth St. \nTickets will be available at the door for a reduced price of $5, down from $8.\n"Now it will be more bang for your buck," Pope said.