Wednesday, Oct. 2

Live From Bloomington’s 22nd annual Club Night successful with numerous bands, venues

Several local bands played at one of six locations over two nights in the name of helping impoverished people in Bloomington at the Live From Bloomington 22nd Annual Club Night.\nThe Club Night began at 8 p.m. Thursday. Wristbands for all the shows were sold for $5, or $3 with two canned food items. The performers at the Bluebird included The Delicious, Kentucky Nightmare, 2 Mics and a Kit, Push-Pull and Trio in Stereo. \nSilas Canary, a former IU student and Bloomington resident, has been supporting Live From Bloomington for the past few years. \n“Every year I’ve come, it seems to get bigger, more people more bands,” Canary said. “I like the local band experience, and it’s great to see everyone drinking and having fun for a good cause.” \nSilas Canary’s brother, Ben Canary, played with Trio in Stereo at the Bluebird on Thursday, then again Friday at Rhino’s. He and his band participated this year to support the cause. \n“It’s always for the kids,” Ben Canary said. “It’s important to get done what we can, and I think as musicians we’re in a good place to help people.”\nThe bar at Max’s Place was full but not overcrowded, and the list of bands included Husband&Wife, The Giggles, The Sprickets, e.p. Hall and (x)tet.\nThursday nights at Jake’s featured Alex M. Clark, ali ONe, Butterfly Toungz and Alexander the Great.\n“It’s partying for a good cause,” said junior Katie Staats, a Thursday night regular at Jake’s.\nUncle Fester’s hosted Muzaic, Prizzy Prizzy Please BIGBIGcar, Totally Michael and the Alarmists (calm down). WIUX and Rhino’s also participated in Live From Bloomington with the similar band lineups, providing music for all ages Friday.