Wednesday, Oct. 2

New job position opens with IAC

The Indiana Arts Commission has announced a new position available in their organization. The position, Community Development Manager/Arts Education Coordinator, was created to better serve Indiana’s arts-education needs, according to a press release.\nThe establishment of this job allows the IAC to have a strong ambassador for arts education who develops funding sources for arts-education programs and services, among other things, according to the job description released by the IAC. The Commission is looking for an individual with a minimum two years experience in coordination and development of arts-education programs and services who has a broad understanding of the principles and methods of arts education programming.\nThe Community Development Manager/Arts Education Coordinator would provide additional outreach to Indiana residents, partnering with the Indiana Department of Education to organize a group of administrators and arts education professionals who would assess arts education statewide, establishing goals and promoting positive changes. \nThe IAC job description states that the person receiving this position may also facilitate educational programs in the state, including those helping artist entrepreneurial development and curriculum integration using unique and creative approaches. They will work closely with commissioners and members of the Indiana legislature as well as manage constituent relations. \nThe position’s minimum salary will be in the mid-$30,000 range, according to the IAC’s press release. Applications have been collected and are now in the review process.