Wednesday, Oct. 2

Around the Arts

CultureFest After-Party

When: 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. tonight\nWhere: IU Art Museum, 1133 E. Seventh St.\nMore Information: Come to the Thomas T. Solley Atrium for the CultureFest After-Party, welcoming new and returning students with a free coffee-tasting and culture-fusion event featuring art, music and more. Entertainment and coffee samples from around the world will complement an encyclopedic collection of art work. This event is free.\nThe Lawn Party

When: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Friday\nWhere: 625 N. Jordan Ave. (northwest corner of 10th Street and Jordan Ave.)\nMore Information: The Career Development Center is hosting an afternoon of free food, hundreds of prize giveaways and live music. Nine restaurants will offer free samples from their menus and three local bands – Atavista, Cursed for Manners and The New Black – will play. While you’re partying, check out all the ways the Career Development Center can assist you during your time at IU.

Taste of The Union

When: 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Friday\nWhere: Indiana Memorial Union, 900 E. Seventh St.\nMore Information: Come enjoy a smattering of what the Indiana Memorial Union has to offer. There will be free food, bowling, kayak roll demonstrations, pottery demonstrations and much more.

Bloomington Community Farmers’ Market

When: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday\nWhere: 401 N. Morton St.\nMore Information: Enjoy buying from the farmers and backyard gardeners from 13 Indiana counties who not only grow their own food but often share their favorite recipes for preparing it. Live music at both ends of the Showers Common, where it is held, creates a fun-filled atmosphere.