Wednesday, Oct. 2

SoFA Gallery celebrates 20th birthday Saturday

Courtesy Photo

The School of Fine Arts Gallery will host “Club SoFA: 20th Birthday Benefit for the SoFA Gallery” tomorrow night, celebrating 20 years of bringing contemporary art to the community. The benefit will begin at 6 p.m. and is scheduled to end at midnight. \nThe party will feature Wii tournaments, yard and party games, sports on TV and refreshments. Three local bands will perform from 7 to 10 p.m., including Coyaba, The Alarmists (Calm Down) and Kentucky Nightmare. The evening will culminate with a dance party DJ-ed by Flufftronix. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the door. Funds collected from the event will go directly to the gallery to ensure future exhibits and events, according to the SoFA press release.\nThe SoFA Gallery is the area’s premier contemporary art gallery and features works by distinguished artists as well as students and faculty within the school. It features many exhibits, performances and lectures, according to the SoFA Web site. The next exhibit to run will be “Timelapse,” an investigation of the concept of time using installation, digital media, time-based works and performances, according to the Web site. It will run Sept. 7 to Oct. 5.\nThe SoFA Gallery is located at 1201 E. Seventh St., room 123. For more information visit www.indiana.edu/~sofa or myspace.com/sofagallery.