Wednesday, Oct. 2

IU alumnus’ exhibit ‘Pipe Dream’ on display this month at Textillery Gallery

Local artist and IU graduate Libby Bulloff will be celebrated during an opening reception from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday for her exhibit “Pipe Dream,” on display in the Textillery Gallery, located on the second floor of the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. Bulloff’s exhibit will run through Sept. 28.\nIn a press release, Bulloff described “Pipe Dream” as one which “synthesizes art and craft, retrospect and innovation. It is about creating impossibly wondrous worlds out of the discarded and forgotten in order to resurrect a glorious future.”\nMany students are excited for the exhibit, as it is different from most others on campus. Senior Alana Barbato said she is interested in visiting the event, especially because “most of the events in the Buskirk-Chumley theater are done very well, and are worth attending.” \nShe said she heard “awesome things” about the Bulloff exhibit. \n“Pipe Dream” will coincide with the event Axis of Evil, a goth/electronic club night that is held monthly at Jake’s Nightclub. Bulloff is the co-creator, co-promoter and director of Axis of Evil and the theme of this month’s event, which will start at 9 p.m. Sept. 19, is a Neo-Victorian Steampunk Tea Party. It will feature a performance by The Ghosts Project, accompanied by Nathaniel Johnstone of Abney Park. For more information, visit www.axisofevilbloomington.com.