Wednesday, Oct. 2

Bloomington Area Arts Council elects 5 new trustees to its board

Co-owner of Tutto Bene elected board president

The Bloomington Area Arts Council elected five new trustees for three-year terms of service to its board of trustees at its annual membership meeting.\nThe five new members are Macolm Abrams, Susan Thrasher, Maria Izzo Walker, Sally Walker and Charlotte Zietlow. These new members will join nine returning trustees. Also during the meeting, Marci Widen was elected board of trustees president, according to a press release. Widen is co-owner of Tutto Bene Wine Cafe and More, located at Third Street and Rogers Street.\nThe BAAC supports public participation in the arts by providing classes, orchestrating performances and promoting the cultural resources of Bloomington and Brown, Greene, Lawrence, Monroe and Owen counties, according to its Web site. The BAAC also manages the John Waldron Arts Center.\n“The Bloomington Area Arts Council, as a regional partner with the Indiana Arts Commission, has long provided services such as direct granting, in-school programming and technical support to artists and arts organizations in the five county area,” Widen said at the meeting, as quoted in the BAAC press release. “Our vision for the future is to strengthen these vital services and to explore new and creative ways to support, develop and promote the arts in our region.”\nFor more information on the BAAC, visit their Web site at www.artlives.org.