Wednesday, Oct. 2

Around the arts

Jazz at Bear’s Place

When: 5:30 to 8 p.m. today\nWhere: Bear’s Place back room, 1316 E. Third St.\nMore info: Distinguished professor David Baker will play his own compositions in this rare performance with his jazz group, including Lida Baker on flute, professor Tom Walsh on saxophone, professor Luke Gillespie on piano, Jazz Fables host David Miller on trumpet, alumni Joel Kelsey on bass and Deno Sanders on drums. Baker will be playing the cello. Cover is $7.

‘People are still having sex’ dance party

When: 10 p.m. Friday\nWhere: Buskirk-Chumley Theater\nMore info: “People are still having sex,” which will take at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater, is a 21-and-over event with a cash bar. Inside the auditorium, guests can dance on the main stage between two full DJ setups. The DJs will spin a variety of music, including house, electronica, club, mash-up and hip-hop remixes. Cover is $5.

Musicology \ncolloquium series

When: 12:30 to 2 p.m. Friday\nWhere: Simon Center M267\nMore info: Hosted by the Jacobs School of Music, this event in the Musicology colloquium series will feature a lecture by Professor Emeritus Hans Tischler called, “A report on the earliest polyphonic art music.” This event is free to the public.

‘Women of Pleasure’ exhibit at Kinsey Gallery

When: 5 to 7 p.m. Friday\nWhere: The Kinsey Institute Gallery, located on the second floor of \nMorrison Hall\nMore info: “Women of Pleasure,” the winter exhibition in the Kinsey Institute Gallery, will explore the depiction of women in 18th- and 19th-century British and French erotic art and literature. The exhibit is free, but attendees should be 18 years of age or older, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian. The gallery’s normal hours are from 2 to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Jacobs ‘Computer music recital’ \nWhen: 2 to 4 p.m. Friday\nWhere: Auer Hall \nMore info: Directed by professors Jeffrey Hass and John Gibson, this recital will feature music from the Center for Electronic and Computer Music. This recital is free to the public.