Wednesday, Oct. 2

Around the Arts

City Lights and Underground presents: Punk Cinema Night

Where:Radio-TV Center 251\nWhen: 8 p.m. Jan. 18\nMore Information: City Lights and Underground will screen several punk movies from the 1970s, highlighting the abrasive sentiment of the times.

Blizzard 2008\nWhere:107 W. Ninth St. \nWhen: 8 p.m. Jan. 18 \nMore Information: The Bloomington Playwrights Project is putting on a series of 27 rapid-fire plays. Audience members can vote for their favorite three plays and can buy extra ballot for $1. Tickets are $8.

Doodlebops Live!

Where:IU Auditorium \nWhen: 4 p.m. Jan. 18\nMore Information: The popular characters from the Playhouse Disney TV show “Doodlebops” will sing in an interactive concert experience.\nTickets: Please stop by the IU Auditorium Box Office to purchase tickets or call 855-1103 for more information.

Hoosier Guitar Idol\nWhere: Max’s Place \nWhen: 7 and 9 p.m. Monday\nMore Information: The second Hoosier Guitar Idol, in which Bloomington guitarists compete to see who’s best, will start Monday. The finals will be a week later at 8 p.m. Jan. 28 at Bear’s Place. The contest, started by accident victim Eric Butte, benefits the emergency room at the Bloomington Hospital. Butte started the benefit to give back to those who saved his life after a motorcycle accident on the IU campus.