Tuesday, Oct. 1

Around the arts

Kaia presents: ‘Get Down, Rise Up!’ concert\nWhen: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday \nWhere: John Waldron Arts Center Auditorium\nMore Information: Bloomington’s a cappella world music ensemble performs music from every hemisphere, political anthems and outrageous schmaltz. Tickets are $15 for adults, $12 for students and children ages 5 and under get in free. Purchase tickets online at bloomingtonarts.info.

‘A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum’ \nWhen: 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday\nWhere: Ruth N. Halls Theatre in the Lee Norvelle Theatre and Drama Center\nMore information: Comedic play “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum” is a collaborative effort by composer Stephen Sondheim and writers Burt Shevelove and Larry Gelbart. Tickets are $10 for students, and are available at www.theatre.indiana.edu or 855-1103.

‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf’

When: 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday \nWhere: John Waldron Arts Center, Rose Firebay\nMore Information: Edward Albee’s 1963 Tony Award-winning play, “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf,” directed by Russell McGee, brings the lives of two couples to an evening intersection. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 the day of the show, and $9 for seniors and students in advance and $12 the day of the play. Purchase tickets online at bloomingtonarts.info.

Symphonic Choir performance \nWhen: 8 p.m. Sunday \nWhere: Auer Concert Hall\nMore Information: Steven Mager will be conducting the recital, for which admission is free.

WIUX presents Culture Shock \nWhen: Noon Saturday \nWhere: Dunn Meadow \nMore Information: Visit www.wiux.org/new/ for the complete lineup. Admission is free.