Tuesday, Oct. 1

Enterprising students bring Southern rapper to IU for Little 5

Lil Boosie to perform with local acts and Essence dance group

With most of the performances for Little 500 being hosted by fraternity houses on campus, a few eager and business-oriented students at IU decided to collaborate and bring in a recording artist as well. \nJuniors Leon Brown and Brandon Proffitt of Hustle Harder Entertainment, along with seniors Shawn Shivers II and Robert Henderson Jr., the co-owners of the sports bar Karma located inside the Econo Lodge at 2601 Walnut St., decided to collaborate and bring in an artist without the help of another organization. \nRapper Lil Boosie will perform at 10 p.m. Friday, April 11 at 1450 Liberty St. Tickets will be $25 for regular admission and $50 for VIP entrance.\n“People were skeptical of whether or not he’d come because we are putting this event together only as students, but he’ll definitely be here,” Shivers said.\nThe Louisiana-born-and-bred emcee, Torrence Hatch, known as Lil Boosie of Trill Entertainment, will be coming to Bloomington as one of the many guests performing during Little 500 week. As a solo artist, Lil Boosie is most known for his latest CD entitled “Bad Azz,” which features the song “Zoom” with the guest appearance of Yung Joc, who will be performing the same night, just a few miles away at Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity.\n“It will be good to get Lil Boosie to perform in Indiana because he has a large fan base here but hardly ever comes to perform,” Brown said. \n“People should come out to see the show,” Shivers said. “Boosie is one of the hottest rappers out right now and he knows how to entertain the crowd.” \nRegular admission consists of getting into the concert and the after-party, which is expected to last until 5 a.m. Getting VIP tickets has its perks, though. Once in VIP, there’s no waiting in line, food will be available and partygoers have admission for the after party along with another party being thrown that weekend. \nThe concert will also feature local acts from Chicago, Atlanta and Indianapolis as well as IU’s Essence dance group. \nSmash hits he is featured on include “Wipe Me Down,” “Independent” by Webbie and a current mix tape out on the market entitled “Streetz is Mine.” Lil Boosie has a “big buzz and he is a fan favorite,” Proffitt said. He said he believes Lil Boosie performs for the love of the music and his fans.\nHenderson has been to a Lil Boosie concert and said audience members should expect a good show. \n“People that come out to see the show should expect high energy,” Henderson said. “(Lil Boosie) feeds off the energy the crowd gives a good performance.”