Saturday, Oct. 12

Wendi Robinson tabbed for All-America cross country honors

IU's Wendi Robinson leads the 3000 meter run during the Big Ten - SEC Challange on Jan. 19 at Gladstein Fieldhouse. Robinson, a cross country runner as well, grabbed All-America honors with a top-30 finish at Nationals in Terre Haute a week ago.

Junior Wendi Robinson (left), IU’s lone representative at cross country Nationals on Nov. 24 in Terre Haute, brought home an All-American honor after finishing 28th at the event.

Consistently the women’s cross country team’s best runner this season, Robinson was an individual qualifier for Nationals courtesy of her fourth-place finish at the Great Lakes Regional Championships.

Robinson posted a 20:34.1 time against 252 competitors over the six-kilometer course.

“Wendi did a great job today. We had a goal of being in the top 40 and being an All-American, and she got that done,” IU coach Ron Helmer said in a statement. “She ran a really solid, good race as she has all year long. We always want to be at our best when it matters the most, and Wendi did just that today. I think that this race will make it easier the next time she lines up in a pressure situation like this, and we look forward to seeing her run in more big meets in the future.”

Neither the men’s nor women’s squads made the competition as full teams, making Robinson IU’s only competitor.