Friday, Oct. 11

Black Key Bulls, Kappa Delta claim Team Pursuit titles

Juniors Jennifer Balbach and Jenna Cerone round turn four during Team Pursuit on Saturday evening at Bill Armstrong Stadium. Kappa Delta went on the final heat of the women's race and won the event over Kappa Alpha Theta.

In a 15-lap race to the finish line, Black Key Bulls led the entire way against the Cutters to win Team Pursuit on Saturday.

Kappa Delta beat out Kappa Alpha Theta in a 12-lap battle for the victory on the women’s side.

With the conclusion of the spring series, Phi Gamma Delta and Kappa Alpha Theta won the white jersey for placing first in the standings for the three events.

FIJI held on to their first place lead, despite a fourth-place finish in Team Pursuit. Second-place Black Key Bulls finished two points behind, closing what was a 14-point gap by winning Team Pursuit.

Kappa Alpha Theta jumped ahead of Delta Gamma, Teter and Delta Sigma Pi to take the women’s white jersey.

Previous leader Delta Gamma finished seventh Saturday and fell to third in the standings. Teter finished eighth in Team Pursuit after a mishap in the first few moments of its heat to fall to fourth in the final standings.

On an injury note, Kappa Delta’s Julie Panzica sat out of Saturday's event with tendinitis in her right knee. Panzica said she is adapting her training around the injury but should still be good for the race. When asked is she’d be 100 percent on Friday, she said yes.

Keep checking IDS and Blogging Away for the latest Little 500 news and updates.