Friday, Oct. 11

US kicks into gear for matchup against Honduras

Honduras fans cheer as they wait for the USA versus Honduras match to begin. The game is slated to start at 8 p.m.

The stage is set and the players are ready.

And for the fourth time this year, the United States National Team will play in the States and try to keep its home record spotless.

The US has outscored its opponents 11-2 at home so far this year and has won every contest within the States. Coach Bob Bradley said he is excited for the team to be back on its home turf.

More than 50,000 seats have been sold before the game, according to ussoccer.com. This crowd will be the biggest the team has competed in front of thus far during World Cup qualifications.

The US is currently in second place in World Cup qualifications standings for the North, Central America and Caribbean region, behind the victor of its last contest on Wednesday, Costa Rica. Honduras is ranked third and coming off of a win over Mexico on Jan. 4.

With a win on Saturday, the US could potentially regain the lead in the standings if Costa Rica loses to Trinidad & Tobago. A tie in that game would put the US and Costa Rica in a deadlock for the top spot.

Stay tuned for more updates, including coverage of the match and a story on Indiana native and top-minute-earner for the team DaMarcus Beasley.