Monday, Sept. 30

Local musician blends music with fashion

Great artists roam this town, and you can see them in any type of venue both on and off campus.

One musician I have found combines a unique blend of instruments and clothing to express his design artwork and music.

Junior Shane Coppotelli started Escoppo Music, a small music production that incorporates genres from electronic to heavy metal as well as clothing designs.

Coppotelli, who is actually majoring in exercise science, has been playing instruments and producing music for about seven years. He started by playing in bands and then created Escoppo Music.

“It’s a side project that’s turned into a full-time project,” Coppotelli said.

He said he still hopes Escoppo Music will become a music label one day.

“I don’t like to be told how music should be done,” he said.

And who can blame him? It is always the off-beat artists who come up in the spotlight.
Besides the few electronic beats within the songs, Coppotelli plays and records all the instruments and produces the tracks as well.

This one-man band provides a single for every mood and every taste.

Anyone interested in listening to this up-and-coming artist can go to www.myspace.com/shanecoppotelli or to www.facebook.com and search for “Escoppo Music.”

Not only are there samples of his work to listen to, but there are Escoppo T-shirts to purchase as well.

New and old T-shirt designs are posted frequently, as well as his songs.

It is very refreshing to see artists such as Coppotelli on our campus. Not only is his work creative, but it also provides people with a new form of entertainment that is original and new.

Music is an expressive forum and is always expanding, and I hope this small music label has the chance to do the same.

So if you are ever looking for some diversity in your music library (or even for your closet), check out Escoppo Music.

It won’t let your music taste buds down.