Monday, Sept. 30

Kinno returns to Funny Bone for B97 night

Beginning tonight, headliner Daniel Kinno will perform five shows at the Funny Bone Bloomington Comedy Club this weekend. Joining him will be feature comedian Jeff Oskay and local hosts Brad Wilhelm and Jamison Raymond.

Kinno said he’ll talk about sex, politics, pop culture and whatever else he thinks audience members will find amusing.

“I talk about stuff that’s relatable,” he said. “It changes with age. ... You joke about what you know.”

Owner Jared Thompson said tickets will be 97 cents on Thursday because it’s “B97 night;” admission will be $12 for the Friday and Saturday shows, and $6 with student ID.

Shows are 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday at The Funny Bone Bloomington Comedy Club.

Having both performed at the club before, Oskay and Kinno each said they’re looking forward to performing at the Funny Bone specifically.

“It’s a great club,” Kinno said. “It’s becoming one of the favorite clubs for comedians to play at.”

Oskay added that he likes the owners, the club itself and the crowds, which he said were usually full of intelligent people.

Thompson said he’s looking forward to the return of both comedians.

“He really just blew us away,” Thompson said of Kinno’s last visit to the Funny Bone. “He’s fantastic.”

Fans can get a preview of past Kinno or Oskay performances on YouTube. Videos of Kinno are also featured on the Rooftop Comedy Web site.

Thompson also described Oskay as “probably one of the best comedians in the state.”

Oskay plans to utilize several different styles of delivering his comedy – a setup followed immediately by the punch line, narrative storytelling and one-liners.

“I have a plethora of styles,” he said. “I like all the different styles of comedy, and I try to incorporate all of them.”

Kinno, on the other hand, said he tends to be primarily a narrative performer.

“My act’s a little more personal, more revealing about me, for better or worse,” he said.