Monday, Sept. 30

Lance Fox to showcase '200 voices' at the Buskirk

Barack Obama, Jimmy Stewart and Miss Piggy can all be heard in Bloomington on Saturday.

Lance Fox, a local impressionist, will be performing at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater.

In his show, he will bring these and other characters to life through voice impersonation.

Known as the “Man of 200 Voices,” Fox does shows throughout Indiana and the Midwest. His performance, “Live and In Persons,” will begin at 8 p.m.

“If you like impressions, you’ll have a good time,” Fox said. 

Danielle McClelland, the executive director of the Buskirk-Chumley, said Fox has rented the theater and will be solely responsible for producing his own show.

Fox, an IU graduate, said his performance is a combination of impressions, comedy and singing. This will be his third show at the Buskirk-Chumley.

Previously, he has opened shows for George Carlin and Dionne Warwick. He has also performed at comedy clubs with famous comics such as Tim Allen and Brad Garrett.
During his time at IU, Fox was an All-American pole-vaulter with the track team. He first took the stage for a talent contest in Florida while on a trip with his teammates. He won $50 in the competition. 

Fox said it was after this performance that he began to develop a repertoire of voices and started doing shows at comedy clubs and smaller venues. He said he enjoys performing for Bloomington audiences because they are diverse and open to new forms of comedy.

Fox said his audiences vary in age. He said everyone from college students to Baby Boomers will come and hear something they enjoy.

Fox added that his impression of former IU basketball coach Bobby Knight is almost always a crowd-pleaser with Bloomington fans.

Gladys Newsom, Fox’s coworker, has been to both of his shows at the Buskirk-Chumley and will be attending Saturday. She said his one-man show format makes it current and different from other stand-up acts.

“I think people will truly be amazed with his talent,” Newsom said.

MORE INFORMATION

Lance Fox, “Live and In Persons”

When: 8 p.m. on Saturday
Where: Buskirk-Chumley Theater
Ticket info: Tickets are $10 for IU students, $12 for adults in advance and $15 at the door. More information is available at www.buskirkchumley.org.