Monday, Sept. 30

Never ending ‘Party in the USA’

The product of the Walt Disney Company has created not only the worst nasal country accent I have ever heard, but also one of the best pop songs of the year.

Miley Cyrus’ “Party in the USA,” has reached No. 1 on iTunes, No. 3 on the Billboard Digital Chart and every computer, iPod and party on campus.

But what makes this single so toe-tapping?

As far as I have noticed, most of her singles have only been sung in the ears of young girls; however, this song has been a hit with the older crowd and both men and women.

And this feel-good song is sung in unison everywhere, such as bars and cars. So it’s no wonder that this single has peaked at a lovely position on the top of the charts.

Everyone loves a great dance song, and that’s what this song has brought us. It’s so easy to abide by Cyrus’ commands. Everyone can’t help but wave their hands up in the air and move their hips. 

Not only is this song for any person out on the town for the night, but it’s a great cure for a gloomy mood. Turn up this bubbly song in rain or shine, and you suddenly have your hips moving and your head nodding.

Even with the cold breeze slowly starting to move in on the year, I can feel the rays of sun when this song plays. Summer calls back to me as it does to everyone.

It is a perfect tune for any road trip with the windows down, feet hanging out, sunglasses on and voices belting out the lyrics.

This might be Cyrus’ one and only hit for me because, otherwise, her voice is a little too obnoxious, but I don’t see this fun-loving single getting old anytime soon.

Just like Beyonce’s “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It),” this song can be played four or five times in a row, and it doesn’t lose its emphasis. As long as her song is played through the speakers of any venue, car or home, people will be dancing and singing along.

But please, Cyrus, we love the song, so just bask in the success it’s given you, even if it’s your only hit with the college crowd.