Monday, Sept. 30

Runway show displays PINK fashions, benefits Middle Way House

Victoria’s Secret Pink Nation B-Town Bash wasn’t the last event for PINK’s campus representative interns at IU. Today, they will demonstrate how to “pink.”

“We wanted to do a fashion show because we thought it would be really fun and entertaining,” said intern and junior Lizzy Gerard.

“This Is How I Pink” is co-sponsored by WIUX and VS PINK and will feature students modeling styles from Victoria’s Secret Pink Collegiate Collection, as well as local vendors Cactus Flower, Cha Cha and In Seam Denim Supply. “This Is How I Pink” Runway Show is 7 p.m. today at the Indiana Memorial Union, Alumni Hall.

The student models will walk to music provided by a WIUX DJ.

Gerard said one responsibility of the interns is the HOPE Initiative, in which they chose a charity and hold a benefit event. The interns chose Middle Way House, Bloomington’s domestic violence shelter. 

Intern, junior Mary Deneen said another university chose a fashion show for their HOPE Initiative project as well, but only IU received PINK clothing from corporate.
“They know IU loves PINK,” she said. 

College Fashionista, a college fashion blog containing style advice and fashion
updates, will also be at the show to provide freebies and information.

Deneen said the interns worked closely with Relevent,Victoria Secret’s marketing agency, to plan the show. 

“This fashion show is to raise awareness and collect items,” Relevent representative Lauren Sebastian said. “In order to drive donations, they wanted to have an event that would be fun and in line with the PINK brand but then also be for a good cause.”

Both Gerard and Deneen recommended bringing a toiletry or clothing item to be donated to Middle Way House as admission to the show.

Deneen added the interns chose a runway show because they wanted to show how college girls wear PINK on campus.

She said “This Is How I Pink” is a more local, personal event in comparison to the B-town Bash.

“It really has nothing to do with ‘corporate,’” Deneen said, “The B-town Bash was very corporate. This event is very the ‘interns.’”