Sunday, Sept. 29

Palin’s show drops LL Cool J after he complains

An upcoming Fox News Channel special hosted by Sarah Palin is titled “Real American Stories.”

But rapper-actor LL Cool J said his participation in the show was bogus.
In response, the network has snipped him from the program.

In a Twitter posting late Tuesday, the entertainer wrote, “Fox lifted an old interview I gave in 2008 to someone else & are misrepresenting to the public in order to promote Sarah Palins Show. WOW.”

“Real American Stories,” which debuts at 10 p.m. today, is hosted by Palin, the former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate, who joined Fox News Channel as a regular contributor in January. The one-hour program is described by Fox News as “the first installment of a new series” that features “real-life tales of overcoming adversity throughout the American landscape.”

Fox News says the episode, which was not available for preview, will feature a Marine Medal of Honor recipient “who gave his life to save his comrades” and a wealthy stockbroker who helps underprivileged students.

Also listed as part of the show are country singer Toby Keith and former General Electric boss Jack Welch, as well as LL Cool J, who appeared among a number of video clips on the “Real American Stories” Web site Wednesday morning before being removed.

“Contrary to what was reported, LL Cool J was never scheduled to be a guest on ‘Real American Stories’ with Sarah Palin this week,” Rhett Usry, the artist’s spokesman, said in a statement on Wednesday. “The show had planned to use an interview from 2008 that was being repurposed without LL’s permission.

“This statement is not a reflection of any feelings LL has toward Fox News or Ms. Palin, whom he has never met, rather a clarification of what we have seen published in the media.”

Fox News Channel did not respond to calls and e-mails from The Associated Pres.