Sunday, Sept. 29

COLUMN: Seven deadly sins

There is always something about going home that reminds you that your usual midnight run for pizza is not considered normal outside the parameters of a college campus.

My mom likes to call it gluttony, one of seven deadly sins. That’s a bit harsh for me.
I prefer pepperoni deficient, but to each their own.

Now that I am back from Thanksgiving break (and safely out of reach from my mother), I feel the need to exercise my freedom and bring up the seven deadly sins and how to play them up with your winter color picks.

Enjoy these tips. I’m off to repent.

Make them green with envy

Green is one of those basic winter colors that just breathes the holidays, especially when it matches an evergreen Christmas tree.

Some people find that greens have this “blah” sensibility and can be boring.

However, the best way to make your green garment come to life is to pair it with a chunky gold accessory.

Whether you wear it around your wrist or neck, you want the color to pop. If your forest green garment has a print, don’t be afraid to let it stand alone and make a big statement.

Seeing red

Don’t get wrathful if you feel that wearing red will have you looking similar to a cross between a lobster and a brick wall — it’s all about working the red that fits your skin tone.

Darker skin tones can always pull off the brighter reds and brings out the skin’s natural glow.

If you have fair skin, goth it up with a blood red that will make you the talk of any holiday party.

Nothing is cuter this season than a red mini dress.

Black is the new lust

There’s not one body type that will deny black as the easiest color to pull off.
And nothing says sinful more than a black backless mini dress.

Black is a great lustful color, and it really has a way of defining the figure while hiding those pesky spots we don’t like to put on display.

This season you should ooze sexiness with confidence.

Blushing with pride

Pride might be a deadly sin, but everyone looks good in a blushing nude pink, and I fully condone that sort of misbehavior.

Blush colors are a bit of a surprise for the winter season, but it’s definitely refreshing to have a color that works for all the spectrums of skin tones. It has a way of showing your skin’s natural glow with feminine colors that can make any sinner look like a saint.

You might wonder why I didn’t tackle slothfulness or greed, but anyone can sit around in a sweat suit or be greedy enough to keep all these tips to themselves.

I, on the other hand, am bigger than that.

Which is probably why I should stop those pizza runs.