Sunday, Sept. 29

Band needs IU students for ‘College Application’

Jukebox the Ghost has a spring 2011 college tour set in full swing. The band started a campaign that is specifically targeted toward college students called “College Application.”   

WHAT TO DO
Go to www.jukeboxtheghost.com and enter your name, school and e-mail address for an online petition. The band will perform at the schools where the most people sign up. Schools will not be considered for a tour spot unless they get at least 100 people to sign up.

OTHER PRIZES

Students signing up can get four free unreleased tracks and the chance to win private performances and signed merchandise.

CURRENT TOP SCHOOLS

The Rochester Institute of Technology is in first place, with Bennington College in second place.

“IU is in the top 15 right now, and a good push will totally get the band out there,” campaign manager Brian Schopfel said.

VOLUNTEERING
Students can sign up to bring the Jukebox the Ghost to IU and volunteer to spread the word. By volunteering, students can receive prizes. If more than 100 people sign up, prizes include a personal meet and greet with the band.

“If the school gets between 50 and 100 people to sign up, they’ll get to pick two of either signed vinyl, a CD or T-shirt,” Schopfel said. “Twenty-five to 50 people means a signed CD, and zero to 25 is a genuine pat on the back.”