Sunday, Sept. 29

‘Cash Cab’ host set for Comedy Attic

Ben Bailey, stand-up comedian and host of Discovery Channel’s “Cash Cab,” will be performing at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday  at the Comedy Attic.  

Although Bailey is mostly known for his show, he will instead be doing a stand-up comedy routine.

Ben got his unlikely start as a stand-up comedian when he was mistaken for a comic in the green room of The Comedy Store in Los Angeles where he was hired to answer the phones.

Ben was eventually booked as an act because of his humor. Soon after he moved to New York and did open mic nights at many comedy clubs. He gained the appreciation of the audience and has been a successful stand-up comic for 10 years.

“He does comedy work on the weekends when he’s not filming the show,” Comedy Attic owner Jared Thompson said. “Our reputation with comics of his level are as good as the big comedy clubs around the country.”

Previously known as the Funny Bone, the Comedy Attic is the same club with the same owners, just a different name.

“We never closed down, we just switched our name,” Thompson said.

With an intimate setting, the Comedy Attic is reminiscent of the early days of stand-up comedy, Thompson said.

It is because of this that many high caliber comics such as Bailey are attracted to performing at the club.

Bailey will perform two shows each day.

“There is no show on TV that can replace the art form of live comedy,” Thompson said.