Sunday, Sept. 29

Coleman to display at the Venue

Local poet, artist and wellness guide Patricia Coleman will display her recent works at 6 p.m. Friday at The Venue Fine Arts and Gifts.

The exhibit will focus on Coleman’s mission to bring peace through her abstract art with the use of color, shape and form.

Her exhibit will take place during the gallery’s weekend of events. The Venue will have its Valentine’s Day selection of jewelry and ceramics on display and available for purchase at the gallery and at a kiosk at College Mall until Sunday. Coleman’s exhibit will run until Feb. 17.

An Indiana resident for 20 years, Coleman is involved in several types of art from painting and mask making to storytelling.

She has also been a presenter at schools and libraries, as well as at the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. She now focuses more on her artwork and writing.

Coleman is a member of Five Women Poets, a local performing group that began when three of the original founders met in a class at IU in 1974. The group still exists
30 years later.

The mother of three is also the founder of the nonprofit organization, Green Dove Network, a peace resource that informs how to live a more sustainable lifestyle and how to conserve water usage in Bloomington and around the world.

— Keiara Carr