Sunday, Sept. 29

IU to receive sneak peak of ‘Adjustment Bureau’

“Adjustment Bureau,” starring Matt Damon and Emily Blunt, will come to theaters March 4. However, IU Union Board has snatched up the film’s rights for a sneak preview.

The film will be shown for free at 8 p.m. Wednesday in the Whittenberger Auditorium of the Indiana Memorial Union. Tickets can be obtained in the Union Board office in the Student Tower or in the Back Alley bowling alley of
the IMU.

“Adjustment Bureau” brings forth topics of destiny, choice and free will. Damon’s character must choose between a seat in the U.S. Senate and by following the woman he loves (Blunt), according to the movie’s website.

“It’s my first sneak,” said Graham Davis, the new Union Board director of films.

Appointed in January, he and Amanda Malkowski, Union Board’s newly appointed public relations and marketing director, received insight from a Universal Studios representative to do a sneak preview of the film. Universal then paid Union Board to advertise the upcoming release.

Large companies like Universal use sneak previews to promote their films.
The film will arrive promptly before its showing Wednesday and leave directly after.

“Security is pretty high,” Davis said. “Since it’s a sneak preview, they don’t want anyone with any video of the movie.”

He recalled last year’s Union Board sneak preview of “MacGruber,” in which security members used night vision goggles to search for video users in the audience.
“It’s my first big event,” Davis said. “I’m excited.”