Sunday, Sept. 29

Wiz Khalifa to go green for Little 500

Zeta Beta Tau and All Around Entertainment have teamed up with Campus Consciousness to go green with Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller on April 15 for Little 500 weekend.

“The main idea behind bringing Wiz to IU for Little Five is to have a good time, but to also promote sustainability on campus,” said Danny Newman, public relations coordinator for ZBT.  

Khalifa was named Rookie of the Year by The Source magazine in 2010 — an accomplishment that made him the first choice for All Around Entertainment co-owner Mitchell Schoeneman for the concert.

“Wiz has really exploded within the last six months,” Schoeneman said. “He’s working with Atlantic Records, and his new album ‘Rolling Papers’ drops two weeks before our concert. He is huge right now.”

Tickets may be purchased at www.wizlil5.com starting Tuesday at a presale price of $25 for the first 1,000 sold. Thereafter, prices will increase to $30 and will be $40 the day of the show. Crowds may enter starting at 6 p.m.

VIP tickets will also be available for $60 and will include early admission for sound check, standing room closest to the stage and Wayfarer sunglasses.

Last year when ZBT brought Snoop Dogg to campus, it
transformed the parking lot it shares with Sigma Alpha Mu into the venue for the concert. It has opted to do the same this year, but with a few improvements.

“Wiz is bringing his entire tour for this concert — the Taylor Gang, all of his opening acts and visual setup, which includes a 60-foot stage and backdrop,” Schoeneman said.

But with a larger-scale show comes tighter security. ZBT plans to surround the parking lot with fencing that will keep visibility low for non-ticket holders. Concertgoers will also be checked by security guards upon entrance to the venue.

“We are looking to bring the arena atmosphere to this show, but keep the intimate feel,” Schoeneman said.

— Corinne Lambert