Monday, Oct. 7

IU looking for rare road win Wednesday

IU v Stony Brook

IU has won only three games away from Assembly Hall in the Tom Crean era and has only one true road win.

-Nov. 26, 2008, IU beat Division II Chaminade, 81-79
After losing their first two games in the EA Sports Maui Classic by a total of 64 points, the Hoosiers won a “neutral court” game on what was considered the Silverswords’ home court. Then-freshman forward Tom Pritchard finished the game with 19 points and nine rebounds. The Hoosiers never trailed in the game, and IU had five players in double figures, including Verdell Jones III (13 points) and Daniel Moore (10 points). IU jumped out to a 16-2 lead in the first half and shot 58 percent from the field for the game.

-Dec. 8, 2009, IU beat Pittsburgh, 74-64
The Hoosiers only win against a BCS school outside of the Big Ten came at the Jimmy V Classic at Madison Square Garden. Then-sophomore guard Verdell Jones III had 20 points, and then-freshman forward Christian Watford had 18 points on 12-15 from the foul line. IU shot 44 percent from the field while holding the Panthers to 32 percent. The Hoosiers outscored the Panthers 40-20 in the paint and hit 25-34 from the foul line.

-Jan. 21, 2010, IU beat Penn State, 67-61
IU’s only true road win and lone Big Ten win away from home in the last four years came at State College. Then-senior guard Devin Dumes had 15 points off the bench, and then-sophomore Verdell Jones III had 14 points. Just like Chaminade, IU got an early lead and never trailed. The win against Penn State marked the first, and only, time IU has won back-to-back games in the Big Ten conference with Crean at the program’s helm.

In 2008-2009: 1-4 in neutral site games, 0-2 in non-conference road games, 0-9 in Big Ten road games, 1-15 in games away from Assembly Hall

In 2009-2010: 1-4 in neutral site games, 1-8 in Big Ten road games, 2-12 in games away from Assembly Hall

In 2010-2011: 0-3 in neutral site games, 0-2 in non-conference road games, 0-9 in Big Ten road games, 0-14 in games away from Assembly Hall

Totals: 3-41 in games away from Assembly Hall, 2-11 in neutral court games, 0-4 in non-conference road games, 1-26 in Big Ten road games