Monday, Oct. 7

Wilson talks changes to IU football program at Memorial Stadium

IU football fans have been able to read about recent changes to the squad, but they haven't been able to hear it straight from the man in charge of it all.

Today, they will have a chance to do so, nearly a month before spring football begins March 3.

IU Coach Kevin Wilson will introduce new staff members and new players to fans today during the Hoosier Football Preview at the Henke Hall of Champions at Memorial Stadium.

A reception begins at 5:30 p.m. and the program itself runs from 6 to 7:15 p.m. Wilson will introduce:

New Offensive Coordinator Seth Littrell
Littrell came to Bloomington on Jan. 3 after coaching at Arizona last year. He filled the void left by former Co-Offensive Coordinator Rod Smith when he left, coincidentally, for a job at Arizona.

Littrell’s offense in Arizona averaged 30.8 points in 2011 and set school records in completions (398) and completion percentage (.690). Last season, IU completed 211 passes out of 378, good for a completion percentage of .558.

New Defensive Ends Coach Jon Fabris
Fabris was added to the staff Jan. 20 after coaching at places such as Georgia, Washington State, Iowa State, Notre Dame, Kansas State, South Carolina, the Cleveland Browns and most recently with Northwest Mississippi Community College.

Fabris coached at Georgia for nine years, during which Uga and the gang won 90 games and two SEC Championships. They participated in six bowl games and finished ranked in the top 10 six times. Sporting News recognized him as the best position coach in the SEC in 2009.

The 25-member 2012 recruiting class
Wilson will mention recruits such as running back Tevin Coleman, defensive end Nick Mangieri, offensive tackle Dimitric Camiel, wide receiver Kevin Davis and others who officially signed with IU on National Signing Day Feb. 1.

There will be no media at the event, as it is solely for fans. Parking is available at gates 5, 8 and 11 until 6 p.m. tonight.