Sunday, Oct. 6

Robinson commits to IU for 2013

Fairfax, Va. shooting guard Stanford Robinson became the fourth member of the 2013 recruiting class to verbally commit to IU when he did so late Wednesday.

Robinson joins Devin Davis (small forward from Indianapolis), Collin Hartman (small forward from Indianapolis) and Luke Fischer (power forward from Germantown, Wisc.) in IU’s 2013 recruiting class.

All four members of IU’s 2013 class are ranked in the top 150 by Rivals.com. Robinson is the highest ranked of the four at number 88. ESPN.com puts Robinson at 46th in its ranking of the 2013 class.

The 6-foot-4 Robinson chose IU after receiving offers from N.C. State, VCU, Virginia Tech, Xavier and many others.

Robinson plays for the AAU Team Takeover, which has produced current Hoosier players in juniors Maurice Creek and Victor Oladipo.

The newest addition to the IU coaching staff — Assistant Coach Kenny Johnson — also has ties to Robinson, as he coached him at Paul VI High School in Fairfax and with Team Takeover. Johnson is still listed as the Vice President of Team Takeover on its website.

Another notable member of the team is fellow IU target Beejay Anya, who is Robinson’s teammate on Team Takeover and attends the same high school Oladipo did — DeMatha High School in Hyattsville, Md.

Rivals.com ranks Anya as the No. 20 player in the 2013 class, and ESPN.com ranks him at No. 15. In an interview with Peegs.com, Robinson said he was going to talk to Anya about coming to IU.

- Alex McCarthy