Friday, Sept. 27

Around the Arts

The Art of Twisted Limb Paperworks
5:30 p.m. today
The Venue Fine Art & Gifts
Sheryl Woodhouse-Keese, founder of Twisted Limb Paperworks, will give a presentation about her newest product, Beer Paper. The paper is made from the same barley Upland Brewing Company uses to manufacture its local beer. Twisted Limb focuses on making invitations, greeting cards and stationary from 100 percent recycled materials and has won business and environmental awards for its practices.

Bodie: Prospecting in the High Sierras
9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily
gallery406
James Haverstock and Kendall Reeves document what remains of the old mining town of Bodie, Calif., in this exhibition. The photographers capture the small, surviving part of a town that had nearly 10,000 residents in the 1800s from two different perspectives.

Little Otik
6:30 p.m. Thursday
IU Cinema
Bozena Horakova wants to have a baby, but she and her husband can’t conceive. When her husband Karel Horak carves a baby from a wooden stump to make his wife feel better, her desire to have a baby is so strong that it brings the stump to life. Director Jan Svankmajer’s Czech language film is part of the Cinema’s “Impossibility Made Real” series. Tickets are free for IU students and $3 for the public.

Scholarly Editions and the Digital Age: Text and Music
8:45 a.m. Friday
Indiana Memorial Union Oak Room
Guest speakers from a variety of fields will discuss the impact of digital editions of scholarly works during this workshop organized by the Center for the History of Music Theory and Literature and the Medieval Studies Institute. Guests are asked to register by emailing iuchmtl@gmail.com by the end of today due to limited capacity.