Friday, Sept. 27

GLOWfest to bring new acts, setup

entBigGigantic

Big Gigantic and The White Panda will headline this year’s GLOWfest on Sept. 14, according to the official announcement released yesterday.

Logic, FIXYN and The Pro Letarians will perform at the concert presented by Sigma Phi Epsilon and the Business Careers in Entertainment Club in partnership with GLOWfest.

“We wanted to choose artists that were newly budding,” GLOWfest co-founder Deuce Thevenow said. “In a year they’ll be astronomically larger.”

Thevenow said The White Panda’s set at Lollapalooza 2012 was well-received, and hip-hop group Logic could be the next Mac Miller.

Ticket presale will begin at noon Friday and will cost $28. Tickets prices will continue to increase after the presale to $32 and will cost $42 the day of the show.

Paul Gillette, major events chairman for Sig Ep, said students can avoid the online processing fee from Ticketmaster by purchasing tickets from the IU Auditorium or IU Athletics box offices.

A percentage of ticket sales will benefit Habitat for Humanity of Monroe County, and $2 from every GLOWfest tank or T-shirt sold will go to Habitat.

“Students will be able to donate to Habitat in person or online,” Gillette said. “Habitat is a big component of this.”

IU’s GLOWfest will debut a new production setup with video, lighting and audio. Additionally, Thevenow said this fall is the premiere of GLOWfest’s “soundcheck networking.”

Students can visit the “GLOWfest village” at the tailgate fields for networking opportunities with 10 companies, philanthropies and business startups an hour before the show begins.

“I think that’s something different than what we’ve done in the past,” Thevenow said.
Entry to the concert will begin at 5 p.m. at the 14th Street and Woodlawn Avenue tailgate fields.

— Kate Thacker