Friday, Sept. 27

IU Auditorium waives handling fee for tickets bought online this Friday

For one day only, IU Auditorium will waive the $10 online handling fee for individual ticket sales.

The sale is 10 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Friday, at IUauditorium.com.

Tickets for all 2012-13 auditorium shows may be purchased.

Shows this season include “American Idiot,” “Chicago” and a performance by comedian Bill Maher.

Ticket prices vary by show. Tickets for the first performance of this season, “American Idiot,” range in price from $20 to $41 for students and $38 to $62 for the general public.

Maria Talbert, events manager at the auditorium, said the handling fee is waived around this time every year.

“We always release all of our tickets for single ticket purchases at the same time,” Talbert said. “The exception to that rule this season has been ‘American Idiot.’”

Pre-order tickets, including the online handling fee, began in the summer.

“We do accept orders throughout the summer for people who want to order early,” Talbert said. “We have a couple good shows that are selling phenomenally well.”

Talbert said the sale is a way to attract students to IU Auditorium programming.

“If people have been wondering if they will attend the show or not, Friday is a great time to go online and order their tickets,” Talbert said.

Tickets can also be purchased at ticketmaster.com and the IU Auditorium Box Office. The box office never charges a handling fee.

Talbert said the waived fee is also a way to show appreciation for auditorium fans.

“It’s a nice gesture to our patrons who are continued supporters of the auditorium,” Talbert said.