Friday, Sept. 27

'Dust Up' to screen Friday

“Dust Up,” an action comedy directed by IU alumnus Ward Roberts, will screen at 3 p.m. Friday at the IU Cinema.

Starring award-winning actress Amber Benson, known for her role as Tara in the series “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” this short film will “make you laugh, gasp and punch the person you’re sitting next to,” according to a press release.

“I met him while in Los Angeles in June for Campus Movie Festival,” senior Katie Diamond said in an email. “After ‘Dust Up’ recently received distribution options, Ward and I discussed coordinating a screening in Bloomington, since much of the crew are also IU alumni.”

Roberts has studied with big names in the film industry, such as Jeff Goldblum, Shane Black and the Coen Brothers.

He is a founding member of DrexelBox and wrote, directed and starred in his short film “The Boy Scout.” He has directed and edited numerous music videos, such as “Spindrift” and “Gram Rabbit.”

The film follows the story of a one-eyed vigilante who sets out to save a young mother from an evil drug lord. It will feature 20 IU alumni.

“The theme of IU’s Homecoming is ‘Lights, Camera, Action!’ and is a great time for us, as a community, to celebrate an exciting film made by IU’s very own,” Diamond said.