Friday, Sept. 27

Upcoming shows to feature folk, indie, house music

Clayton Anderson

The next six days in Bloomington will include a variety of music, from folk and jazz to country and house.

R. Stevie Moore

9:30 p.m. today

The Bishop

American singer-songwriter R. Stevie Moore has self-released more than 400 albums during the past 46 years. Moore is also a comedy writer, filmmaker and museum curator, according to his website. Tickets are $6 in advance or $8 at the door.

Hop Along

8:30 p.m. today

Rachael’s Cafe

Philadelphia band Hop Along features lead singer Frances Quinlan, her brother Mark, Tyler Long, and other, temporary members. A Philadelphia radio station once described their sound as “DIY folk.” Singer-songwriter Taylor Campi and Bloomington pop-punk band Tooth Soup will also perform. The event is free, but Hop Along will accept donations.

The New Old Cavalry, Eric Lambert

9 p.m. today

Max’s Place

Both New Old Cavalry and Lambert will be performing traditional bluegrass music.

The Milestones Jazz Quintet

8 p.m. Friday

Café Django

David Miller and the Milestones Jazz Quintet will perform compositions by Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk and Miller himself. The Quintet will feature IU doctoral candidate Matt Roehrich on tenor saxophone, mathematics professor Paul Kirk on guitar, Steven Johnson on bass and Kevin Newcomb on drums. Cover costs $5 for the all-ages show
.
Clayton Anderson Band

9 p.m. Friday and Saturday

The Bluebird Nightclub

Bluebird regular Clayton Anderson Band has opened for country stars Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw and Jimmy Buffet. A Bedford, Ind., native, Anderson self-released his debut album “Torn Jeans and Tailgates” in August 2011. Tickets cost $10.

Filligar

9 p.m. Monday

The Bishop

Hailing from Chicago, brothers Johnny, Pete and Teddy Mathias formed Filligar in 2000 with Casey Gibson. The band, which was originally named Flipside, has recorded eight albums. Its music has been featured in MTV shows including “The Real World” and “Teen Mom.” Indie band Keeping Cars, featuring Grahm Bailey, Brock Eveland and Zak Stoldt, will also perform. Tickets cost $10.

Ringo Deathstarr

9 p.m. Tuesday

The Bishop

Ringo Deathstarr, named after the Beatles’ drummer and the planet-destroying space station in Star Wars, spent last winter touring with The Smashing Pumpkins. Elliot Frazier created the band in 2005 and currently tours with Daniel Coborn and Alex Gehring. Secret Colours will also perform. Tickets cost $6.

Wolfgang Gartner

9 p.m. Wednesday

The Bluebird

House music producer and disc jockey Wolfgang Gartner, real name Joseph Youngman, will perform in Bloomington as part of his world tour. Gartner was nominated for a Grammy award in 2011 in the “Best Remixed Recording (Non Classical)” category. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased in advance at songkick.com.