Sunday, Oct. 6

FINAL: IU 66, Georgia 53

After the IU men's basketball team trailed at halftime for the first time this season, a 30-29 deficit, the Hoosiers stormed out in the second half with an early 8-0, taking the lead for good as the Hoosiers cruised to a 66-53 win against Georgia in the semi-finals of the Progressive Legends Classic in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Sophomore forward Cody Zeller won the tip, and senior guard Jordan Hulls pulled up from distance and hit, giving IU a 3-0 lead to start the game.

But from there, IU went cold. The Hoosiers shot just 32% from the field in the first half, including just 1-7 from behind the arc.

Luckily for the Hoosiers, though, Georgia shot just 34.6% during the first 20 minutes, allowing IU to stay close throughout the middle of the half before senior forward Christian Watford hit two free-throws with 5:43 left in the first half to give IU its first lead since leading 3-2 early.

From there, the Hoosiers and the Bulldogs traded baskets for much of the rest of the half before Georgia's Vincent Williams hit a free-throw with a few seconds remaining the give the Bulldogs the lead heading into the locker room.

Both teams traded baskets early in the second half, even with Georgia getting into early foul trouble with four in the first three minutes. The Bulldogs took a 38-34 lead with 15:44 remaining, but on the next IU possession, junior guard Victor Oladipo slammed one home, sparking an 8-0 IU run and bringing the IU contingency to its feet.

Georgia crept to within three points at 45-42, but Hulls caught fire from behind the arc once again, hitting back-to-back threes, and from there, Georgia never got within eight.

Oladipo led both teams in scoring and rebounding with 15 and eight on the evening. Watford and Hulls each scored 14, and Hulls shot 4-for-6 from behind the arc for the Hoosiers.

-Nathan Brown