Friday, Sept. 27

To do in Bloomington

James McMurtry

9 p.m. Tuesday

Singer/songwriter McMurtry will be making a stop at The Bishop tonight. Tickets are $13 in advance, $15 at the door.

Posters from the revolution

5 p.m. Wednesday

Mathers Museum of World Cultures

Assistant professor of labor studies and poster collector Gerrie Casey will give a special presentation titled “Posters from the Revolution: The Anthropology of Graphic Arts in Cuba.”  The presentation will conclude CUBAmistad’s Fall Celebration of Cuban Art and Film. Casey’s poster collection has been displayed since September at the Mathers Museum and will remain on display through Dec. 2.

Jazz fables

5:30 p.m. Thursday

The Jazz Fables Concert Series will present the debut of The Matt MacDougall Quartet, with MacDougall on guitar, Aaron Bannerman on trumpet, Anna Butterss on bass and Ben Lumsdaine on drums. Performers will be playing music from MacDougall’s new album “Familiar Faces.” The event will take place at Bear’s Place and last until 8:30 p.m. General admission is $5. Students pay $4.

No Vietnamese Ever Called Me Nigger
7 p.m. Thursday

Presented by the Black Film Center/Archive and Boxcar Books, this 1968 documentary interweaves on-the-street interviews from the Harlem contingent of the April 1967 “Spring Mobilization to End the War,” and a later conversation with three black Vietnam War veterans, Dalton James and Preston Lay Jr. with the U.S. Army and Akmed Lorence with the U.S. Marine Corps. The documentary will be screened at Boxcar Books.

¡AndaJaleo!

8 p.m. Thursday

IU Jacobs School of Music’s Latin American Popular Music Ensemble will present an evening of flamenco music with award-winning guitarist Adam del Monte. The concert will take place in Auer Hall.

The art of P. Basille Nikitchenko

6 p.m. Friday

The Venue Fine Art & Gifts

Born in Moscow, P. Basille Nikitchenko paints landscapes and cityscapes. He studied in private art schools and served as the art director at the International Art Center of Moscow before founding the Independent Ivanov Art Agency in 1993. The Venue will display Nikitchenko’s work in a special show through Nov. 29.