Saturday, Oct. 5

Hagen departs for Texas A&M

Mark Hagen, defensive tackles and special teams coach and recruiting coordinator, has left IU in favor of a position at Texas A&M, an IU source confirmed Wednesday afternoon.

In his two seasons with the Hoosiers, Hagen coached defensive tackles Adam Replogle and Larry Black Jr. into the team's two leading tacklers for loss and sacks in 2012.

He also helped IU recruit one of the best classes in its history, currently ranked by Rivals.com at No. 47 in the nation. The group currently has four four-star commitments, however the most the Hoosiers have ever signed in one class is only one.

Hagen's departure comes at a critical juncture, as National Signing Day is in two weeks, on Feb. 6. Recruits still have the option of choosing another school until signing their National Letter of Intent.

"We appreciate the job Mark has done on the field, in recruiting and within the IU community," IU Coach Kevin Wilson said in consecutive tweets. "Mark, Denise and the entire Hagen family leave with our gratitude and best wishes."

According to reports, Hagen is expected to take the linebackers coach position at Texas A&M. The Aggies, a Southeastern Conference team, finished the 2012-13 season with an 11-2 record.

IU has not announced a replacement yet, and no timeline has been mentioned by the university to choose one.

"In our time here, our track record shows we have hired top, quality coaches and recruiters who fit our program and Indiana University," Wilson said. "We are confident we will do so again."

- Jordan Littman