Saturday, Oct. 5

Team to play 2 dual matches Saturday

The No. 32 IU men’s tennis team will have another doubleheader at the Indoor Tennis Center this weekend against Eastern Kentucky and No. 61 Brown.

The competition will take place at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9. IU Coach Randy Bloemendaal said the team will look to take advantage of another set of home matches.

IU’s overall record is 4-5 but they perform better in Bloomington as shown by their home record. IU won four of their six home matches in 2013.

“There is a comfort level that we have here that we don’t have anywhere else,” Bloemendaal said.

The Hoosiers will look to use this comfort to their advantage as they try to win both matches in order to get above the .500 mark.

EKU will be coming into Saturday’s match with a 2-3 record. The Colonels have yet to win a match on the road. However, Bloemendaal said he will not be taking EKU lightly this weekend.

“Eastern Kentucky is always very talented,” he said. “I know they don’t show up much in the ream rankings but individually they always have two or three guys that are very talented.”

Brown will be coming into this weekend on a two game winning streak with a 2-2 record. They were able to knock off Binghamton and Quinnipiac, losing only one point between both matches. Brown has yet to play an away match.

“Brown has a couple of guys at the top that are going to be tough,” Bloemendaal said.

This weekend will be the Hoosiers’ seventh home match in which they will be looking to defend their home turf.

“I’m excited about the competition coming up I’m not worried about it I just think we have to continue to prepare for it,” Bloemendaal said.