Friday, Sept. 27

STRFKR to play at Bluebird

CAROUSELentSTFKR

Electronica band STRFKR is coming to the Bluebird Nightclub at 7 p.m. Wednesday.

The group’s “rising popularity will make the show really exciting,” Bluebird Marketing Strategist Jen Samson said.

Tickets will be sold at the door for $15.

This is the band’s first time coming to the Bluebird, despite touring around the world.

STRFKR formed in 2007 in Portland, Ore., with members Joshua Hodges, Shawn Glassford, Keil Corcoran and Patrick Morris.

Their songs have been featured in movies like “Chronicle” and TV shows like “Weeds” and “Skins.”

Dan Coleman works with the promotion company Spirit of ‘68, which brought STRFKR to Bluebird. He said when he had the opportunity to book them, he jumped on it
immediately.

“They’re an amazing dance band,” Coleman said. “They’ve been building a steady audience, and I’ve been a fan of them for a long time. When I got the chance to book them, I was pretty excited. I definitely went for it.”

Coleman said it will also be Corcoran’s birthday Wednesday, so the audience may be in for a celebration.

Though he said he is unsure of what to expect, Coleman said based on STRFKR’s previous performances, audience members are in for a lot of fun.

“I think it’s going to be fun,” Coleman said. “In the past they’ve had beach balls, costumes and crowd surfing.”

Follow reporter Janica Kaneshiro on Twitter @janicakaneshiro.