Thursday, Sept. 26

Venue gallery features 2013 All Star artists

FROM IDS REPORTS

The Venue, Fine Arts & Gifts will present its annual All Star Show today at 5 p.m.

David Colman, assistant gallery manager of the Venue, said the show features new works from the gallery’s top-selling artists of 2013.

“Patrons voted with their dollars,” he said. “I hope they buy more work from these artists who have established themselves as the most popular.”

Colman said about 15 artists will display works in a variety of media, including watercolor, oil paint, ceramics, wood and jewelry.

He said some of the works, particularly greeting cards and winter landscapes, were created especially for the holiday
season.

“We try to put together a coherent show,” he said. “It’s just the best of the best based on the past year.”

Colman said tonight’s opening coincides with Gallery Walk, an event that occurs six times each year. Ten local galleries, including the Venue, display special exhibits on the same night.

Gallery Walk was scheduled for Dec. 6, but was postponed due to inclement weather, Colman said. Refreshments and gourmet soup will be provided at the Venue.

Artists featured include painters Daniel Lager, Galina Herndon and Mark Blaney, and ceramic artist Adam Egenolf, according to a post on the Indiana Arts Commission website. Gourmet soup and refreshments will be provided.

The All Star Show will remain open through the month of December.

— Alyssa Schor