Thursday, Oct. 3

7 Hoosiers to compete at IU pro day

CAROUSELspFootball

Seven Hoosiers will participate in IU football’s pro day today.

The event is for NFL scouts to get a close look at potential prospects. The NFL draft runs May 8 to May 10 this year. If players are not drafted that weekend, they also have the chance to sign with a team in free agency after the draft.

Wide Receiver Cody Latimer
Latimer headlines the pro day for IU. The 6-foot-3 receiver from Dayton, Ohio, is forgoing his senior year at IU to declare for the NFL draft after having one of the best seasons ever by a Hoosier wideout.

Latimer was named MVP by the team in their annual awards banquet.

He finished the year with 72 catches for 1,096 yards — both figures led the team and rank fourth and third respectively in IU’s record books. He also caught nine touchdown passes, second only to Shane Wynn’s 11.

Latimer averaged 91 yards a game, good for 22nd nationally. He was named second team all-Big Ten by news media.

According to CBS Sports, Latimer is the 24th best wide receiver prospect and a projected fifth round draft pick.

Tight End Ted Bolser
Bolser, the 6-foot-6 prospect from Cincinnati, leaves IU as the most decorated tight end in Hoosier history.

Bolser caught 117 passes for 1,337 yards and 15 touchdowns. All these figures are the most ever for a Hoosier tight end.

He also never missed a game due to injury.

Bolser played in all 48 games and started 37 times — including all of IU’s 24 games the last two years.

Bolser was one of eight semifinalists for the John Mackey Award.

The honor is bestowed upon the nation’s top tight end.

According to CBS Sports, Bolser is the 19th best tight end prospect and a projected seventh round draft pick or expected to sign in free agency.

Safety Greg Heban
Heban, along with Bolser, played in all 48 games during his time at IU, never missing a game due to injury.

He finished his career with 275 tackles and nine interceptions.

He is tied for eighth all-time in IU interception records.

The academic all-Big Ten selection started out as a walk-on for IU.

He came to Bloomington for baseball and pitched for the Hoosiers during the 2010 season.

His fastball was clocked at 90 miles per hour.

Heban made the switch to football and was eventually named a team captain his senior year.

According to CBS Sports, Heban is rated as the 44th best strong safety prospect and is not expected to be drafted.

Wide Receiver Kofi Hughes

In 45 career games, Hughes finished with 132 receptions for 1,956 yards and 13 touchdowns.

His career receptions and yardage rank 10th and eighth all-time in IU history, respectively.

The Cathedral graduate and Indianapolis native started all 12 games during his senior campaign and was second on the team in receptions and yards.

According to CBS Sports, Hughes is the 92nd best receiver prospect and is not expected to be drafted.

Joining them for pro day will be running back Stephen Houston, kicker Mitch Ewald and receiver Duwyce Wilson.

Evan Hoopfer