Wednesday, Sept. 25

Bloomington arts events

Today:

Jacobs School students will perform a chamber music recital 7 p.m. at the Ivy-Tech John Waldron Arts Center. The ensembles have studied under the Pacifica Quartet — the music school’s quartet-in-residence. Admission is free.

Tuesday:

Band Pearl and the Beard will play at the Bluebird Nightclub at 8 p.m. They will be equipped with a variety of instruments including a cello, a guitar, a glockenspiel, a melodica, several drums and an accordion. Tickets are $11-15.

Wednesday:

The IU Art Museum will present one of its Noon Talks at 12:15 p.m. Wednesday. Director of the Dutch Program Esther Ham will give a talk on the daily lives and celebration of peasants in the 16th and 17th centuries, depicted in several prints on display from the Dutch Golden Age.

Comedian W. Kamau Bell will perform standup 7 p.m. at the Comedy Attic. Creator of the cut-short series “Totally Biased,” Bell has been named one of the most promising political comics by the New York Times. Tickets are $15.
The Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater’s renowned ensemble will perform 8 p.m. at the IU Auditorium. Tickets are $44-59 for the general public, discounted for students.

Thursday:

Sketch comedy group Whitest Kids U’ Know will begin a four night run at the Comedy Attic 8 p.m. Thursday. They will perform Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Band Break Science will play 8 p.m. Thursday at the Bluebird Nightclub. Tickets are $10-12.

Friday:

Here Come The Mummies, a band known for their mummified costumes, will play 8 p.m. at the Bluebird Nightclub. Tickets are $20-22.

Sarah Zinn