Friday, Oct. 4

IU to wear 'Hurryin' Hoosiers' uniforms at Big Ten Tournament

The IU men's basketball team will wear special "Hurryin' Hoosiers" Made in March uniforms for the Big Ten Tournament, according to a university press release.

The jerseys will "feature IU’s traditional cream and crimson color scheme, with the fabled 'Hurryin’ Hoosiers' nickname placed on the inside collar of each jersey and on the back of the shorts."

The uniforms will provide the Hoosiers with adidas' most advanced apparel technology.

“Our players are excited to have something that will be unique to their time at Indiana,” IU Coach Tom Crean said in the release.  “Great traditions like the candy stripe pants, the script Indiana, and the names not being on the back of their jerseys, are timeless and we are proud to uphold those every day.”

IU Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Fred Glass said the Hoosiers' current play style is reminiscent of the "Hurryin' Hoosier" teams of the Branch McCracken era.

"It is highly appropriate for our team to don these uniforms as a fun meld of our beloved and storied tradition with cutting edge design and uniform technology,” Glass said. “It is no secret that we have shied away from special uniforms that depart dramatically from our traditional look. We are so appreciative to adidas for working with us to develop these fun and exciting, yet tradition-based uniforms.”

Andy Wittry