Saturday, Sept. 14

crime & courts

Three arrested on drug charges

Bloomington police found 39 bags of meth and two children in a home on South Oakdale Drive. Two adults and one juvenile were arrested on preliminary charges of possession of narcotics and intent to sell.

The arrests stem from a narcotics investigation started in early February by the Bloomington Police Department, according to court documents.

BPD informants conducted three controlled drug buys from Mikhial Williams, 31, and one from Greshanda E. Jackson, 40.

Williams was driving a white SUV in the 1700 block of West Bloomfield Road when police arrested him on a traffic stop before executing a narcotics related search warrant at 2048 S. Oakdale Dr., according to court documents.

Police transported Williams to his home where he lived with Jackson, his girlfriend, and her children

While police executed the search warrant at Williams’ home, he told officers he transported an ounce of crack to Bloomington from Chicago once or twice a month, according to court documents.

Police found 19 bags of crack cocaine with a total weight of more than three grams on a book shelf inside the home. Jackson initially denied knowing there were drugs in the home.

While Jackson was en route to the Monroe County Jail, she admitted to having 20 bags of crack cocaine with a total weight of more than three grams hidden in her shirt.

Jackson’s 16-year-old daughter was transported to a juvenile detention center in Knox County for dealing a narcotic, a class A felony.

Child Protective Services were contacted and the children were released to Jackson’s son. CPS has since attempted to contact family members in Chicago to take custody of the children.

Police located $1,100 inside a honey bun box in a bedroom. The box was later returned to Jackson’s son.

Williams and Jackson face preliminary charges of dealing a narcotic, and possession of a narcotic with intent to deal, both class A felonies, with bond set at $50,000 surety and $500 cash.

Williams faces three counts of dealing and Jackson faces one.

Dennis Barbosa