Thursday, Oct. 3

Little 500 ITTs moved to Saturday

Little 500 Individual Time Trials (ITTs) have been cancelled due to inclement weather and have been rescheduled for noon to 7 p.m. Saturday.

Rain began to pour down on the track at Bill Armstrong Stadium about 30 minutes before the first riders were scheduled to set off. The rain quickly flooded the track.

Little 500 race director Jordan Bailey said the major reasoning behind the cancellation was the threat of lightning, adding that safety was the priority.
“I think the track would have been fine, but the lightning threat right now is just too much,” Bailey said.

The rider order for the ITTs on Saturday will remain the same as was scheduled for today. Official start times will be announced by the IU Student Foundation later tonight.

Saturday’s regularly scheduled Miss-N-Out event will be moved to April 12 from noon to 6 p.m. Team Pursuit will run from noon to 6 p.m. the following day, April 13. The schedule change will make for a busy weekend for the riders.

The Women’s Little 500 will remain on April 25 and the Men’s Little 500 will remain on April 26.

The rain was another setback on what has been an unlucky month of weather for Little 500 riders that has limited track time.

“Mother nature is just not cooperating with Little 500,” Bailey said in a cancellation statement.

Revised Little 500 Event Schedule
ITTs April 5
Miss-N-Outs April 12
Team Pursuit April 13
Women’s Little 500 April 25
Men’s Little 500 April 26

Sam Beishuizen