Wednesday, Sept. 25

Stelling to perform at Comedy Attic

entBethStelling

For comedy fans, The Comedy Attic has been a place where audiences can spend the evening enjoying both local and nationally recognized comedians.

Since its opening in 2008, the Comedy Attic has showcased a variety of comedians including Maria Bamford, Chris Hardwick and Hannibal Burress.

The Comedy Attic’s upcoming featured act will be stand-up comedian and actress Beth Stelling.

LA Weekly named Stelling No. 2 on its list of “12 L.A. Comedy Acts to Watch in 2013.” Additionally, Buzzfeed.com said she is one of “14 Comedians Who You Should Be Paying Attention To.”

Stelling previously performed in Bloomington with Janeane Garofalo last June.

“It was great because we were able to have Beth on the show as well,” Comedy Attic owner Jared Thompson said. “The people that came that weekend not only saw Jeanine Garofalo, a bona fide legend in comedy, but they also had Beth there, who was amazing.”

This time around, Stelling will be the featured performer at the Comedy Attic from July 10 through 12.

“People actually raved about her,” Thompson said. “So we’ve been working towards this date for a long time, and we’re really excited to have her here. It’s going to be awesome.”

Beth made her late-night stand-up debut on “Conan” in 2012, and since then has been a part of the late-night comedy circuit .

Stelling has also appeared on “Chelsea Lately” as a roundtable guest. She is set to be featured in the ?upcoming film “This Isn’t Funny,” which is scheduled to be released in 2015.

According to Thompson, the process of booking acts for the Comedy Attic can be challenging at times. He said it has to do with the style of comedy the performer brings to the stage and how they have previously ?performed.